Most homeowners opt to have stump grinding done soon after a tree removal simply because they don’t want to look at a stump sticking out of the ground. A stump in your yard can become an eyesore over time, if it’s in the lawn you have to mow around it every week, and it can be a tripping hazard for you, your family, and your guests.
Let J.L. Steele Earth Solutions show you why you need stump grinding services
Stump grinding is usually the final phase in a typical tree removal job. We price stump grinding separately because a few homeowners will have us remove a tree and then leave the stump if it’s not in a high traffic part of their yard or have us grind the stump at some point in the future. Most homeowners opt to have stump grinding done soon after a tree removal simply because they don’t want to look at a stump sticking out of the ground. A stump in your yard can become an eyesore over time, if it’s in the lawn you have to mow around it every week, and it can be a tripping hazard for you, your family, and your guests.
1. Ants, and other insect pests, love to move in to old tree stumps which increase the odds these insects will eventually move into your house.
2. Stump removal needs to be done if you want to plant grass or put down sod.
3. You might need to remove a stump to make room to put up a new fence.
4. Stump removal might need to be done before landscaping your yard.
5. Rodents use old stumps as nesting sites.
6. Stump removal is often necessary before putting in a new patio, sidewalk, driveway, home addition, or garage.
7. Stump removal is sometimes necessary to improve the drainage in your yard.
8. Stump removal might need to be done to make way for planting a new tree or shrub.
9. Removing a stump can reduce, or stop, roots suckers from growing from the tree that was removed.
10. Bees like to make their nests in old tree stumps.
11. Stump removal might need to be done before putting in a new pool.
12. Stump removal is necessary after lot clearing is done and before new construction begins.
13. A stump grinder can also be used to grind surface roots that are lifting a sidewalk, patio, driveway, garage floor, fence, or are too close to the foundation of your house.
In most cases the simplest, easiest, and most cost effective way to remove stumps from your property is to hire a stump grinding service. Stump grinding is an affordable add-on to a tree removal job and we are insured for your protection. The stump grinding process is the quickest way to eliminate an eyesore from your property and the woodchips from stump grinding can often be used in other parts of your landscape.